Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contract: 6+ months
Job Overview: Responsible for facilitating business process, function and organization design, working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners and subject matter experts. The role focuses primarily on business requirements, workflow and leveraging technology to enable or alter business processes or practices.
Scope of Activities:
• Provide strategic consultation to assigned line-of-business (LOB) customers in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer requirements.
• Facilitate agreement on organizational work models to meet business requirements.
• Consult with business-facing projects and maintain knowledge of their progress.
• Participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
• Participate in enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture.
• Collaborate with the enterprise program management office on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits.
• Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes; research and provide information on technical trends and competitors’ practices relevant to assigned LOB customers.
• Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
• Collaborate with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform LOB customer management of progress; conversely, keep IT’s technology and service managers aware of key LOB customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
• Facilitate development of cross-LOB (enterprise) solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
• Develop, motivate and direct staff to create a team environment, and enable staff to fulfill the LOB customer operating objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience; M.B.A. preferred.
• TOGAF Certification preferred
• Five to seven years of experience in IT, with a minimum of two years in business process design.
• In-depth experience with process redesign methods (such as business process re-engineering, Six Sigma or total quality management) and tools (such as Abacus, System Architect or Mega).
• Minimum of five years of hands-on design and implementation experience in IT, with knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines:
o Application development
o Network design
o Servers and storage
o Database management
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
• Minimum of 2 years experience using ABACUS